Troubleshooting: Configuring CodeBuild for CPU & Memory
Flightcontrol provisions a CodeBuild project for every service that requires a build. This way, different services can build concurrently. The standard provisioned project environment (7 GB memory, 4 vCPUs) should be suitable for almost all use cases. There are several larger compute instances you can use if your build can't run (or doesn't run well) on the default:
- Open the CodeBuild project, the easiest way is to click the View Logs in AWS button in any Build Logs dialogue.
- This will open the CodeBuild project on the AWS Console, You will need to go one level up in the project breadcrumbs.
- Find the project Edit button, then click Environment
- Expand the Additional configuration section, which will allow you to choose the environment configuration required.
- Finally, click Update Environment
Note: this configuration will be used going forward in all the deployments for this specific project and service.